1. Where the parties have concluded their action by way of settlement, they shall inform the judge-rapporteur. The Court shall confirm the settlement by decision of the Court [Rule 11.2  ] , if requested by the parties, and the decision may be enforced as a final decision of the Court.
2. At the request of the parties the Court may order that details of the settlement are confidential.
3. Subject to paragraph 2 the decision of the Court under paragraph 1 shall be entered on the register.
4. The judge-rapporteur shall give a decision as to costs in accordance with the terms of the settlement or, failing that, at his discretion.
Rule 11 – Settlement 
Please login to continue reading.
New visitor ?
2. Pursuant to Rule 365 the Court shall, if requested by the parties, by decision confirm the terms of any settlement or arbitral award by consent (irrespective of whether it was reached using the facilities of the Centre or otherwise), including a term which obliges the patent owner to limit, surrender or agree to the revocation of a patent or not to assert it against the other party and/or third parties. The parties may agree on costs to be awarded or may request the Court to decide on costs to be awarded in accordance with Rules 150 to 156 mutatis mutandis.
The parties may, at any time in the course of proceedings, conclude their case by way of settlement, which shall be confirmed by a decision of the Court. A patent may not be revoked or limited by way of settlement.