1. The Registry shall, as soon as practicable after the lodging of the Application for the determination of damages, examine whether the requirements of Rules 126 , 131.1  and .2(d) and (e)  and 132  have been complied with.
2. If the Application for the determination of damages does not comply with the requirements referred to in paragraph 1, the Registry shall invite the applicant to correct the deficiencies noted within a time period to be specified.
3. Rule 16.4 to .5  shall apply Rule 126 — Start of proceedings for the determination of damages.
Please login to continue reading.
New visitor ?
Where the successful party wishes to have the amount of damages determined, it shall no later than one year from service of the final decision on the merits (including any final decision on appeal) on both infringement and validity (or in the case of an award under Rules 118.1, 198.2, 213.2 or 354.2 from the date of the order for such award) lodge an Application for the determination of damages, which may include a request for an order to lay open books.
1. The Application for the determination of damages shall contain:
(a) particulars in accordance with Rule 13.1(a) to (d);
(b) the date of the decision on the merits and the action number of the file;
(c) if required a request for an order to lay open books (Rules 141 to 144) in which case the applicant shall provide the matters set out in Rule 141(b) to (e).
2. After any procedure for the laying open of books is complete, or, if that has not been requested in the Application referred to in paragraph 1 the applicant shall indicate:
(d) a statement as to whether the decision on the merits is the subject of an appeal;
(e) his assessment of the amount of damages due to him.
The applicant shall pay the fixed fee and, where applicable, the value based fee for the determination of damages in accordance with Part 6. Rule 15.2 shall apply -.
4. The Registry shall at the same time inform the claimant that if the claimant fails to correct the deficiencies or pay the fee within the time stated, a decision by default may be given, in accordance with Rule 355.
5. If the claimant fails to correct the deficiencies or pay the fee, the Registry shall inform a judge of the division who may reject the action as inadmissible by a decision by default. The judge may give the claimant an opportunity to be heard beforehand.